Wayfarer Vans has a created plug and play van conversion kit for the Dodge Ram Promaster that is 100% modular and easily installed at fraction of the price charged by custom outfitters.
Camper vans are taking over at the trail head of your favorite riding spot, with more and more riders investing in a vehicle that doubles as a mobile base station for exploring epic destinations. Converting a fleet van into a full fledged custom RV can cost as much as a small house, so DIY conversions are popular, with websites and an entire community sprouting up to support others looking to join the van life.
Most conversions optimized for mountain biking have a similar set up, so it was only a matter of time before someone came up with an easier, plug and play modular solution. Based in Colorado Springs, the Wayfarer Vans offers a complete camper van conversion kit for the Ram Promaster that is 100% modular, easily installed or removed.
The Wayfarer Vans installation includes:
- Flooring and integrated L-track
- Removable wall and ceiling paneling (backed with reflectix, you have the option to add additional insulation or it is offered with an additional fee)
- Bed platform measuring 54″ x 74″ long
- Perimeter Shelving
- Kitchen galley with small sink and pump faucet; 5 gallon fresh and grey water tanks
- Small bench box with cusion
- Window panels for privacy and insulation
You’ll still need power if you want to have lights, but knowing how much time I’ve put into our van to date, I would have seriously considered going this route had it been available one year ago.
The complete kits run $8,795 and include free installation at their Colorado based shop. Check it out at Wayfarervans.com